When it comes to beautiful jewellery, I am hooked.
The inimitable Coco Chanel once said (in words that have been rephrased over and over), 'Once you've dressed, and before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take at least one thing off'. Ha! Coco, you are a genius but I laugh right in the face of that statement, peek in the mirror and add one more piece for good luck.
My jewellery style is varied and can change with the wind; depending on how I'm feeling, what I'm wearing and what's influenced me that day. Sometimes it's all over-sized, plump beads in vivid colours, bold lapis lazuli rings and a mass of silver embellished bracelets piled high - influenced by my travels across South America and Australasia and my never diminishing wanderlust. Often I'm in the mood for something a bit more minimal and understated - delicate gold chains adorned with stars draped elegantly across the décolletage, slender gold rings worn on each finger and teeny ear studs, letting the clothes do all the talking. Every so often only Rose Gold will do.
I'm always on the lookout for an alternative way to add some beautiful, one-of-a-kind jewellery pieces to my collection or, at the very least, seek some fashion inspiration and practice my styling skills. After poking around online for a bit the other day I discovered invaluable.com and in particular the rings collection. Every piece is undoubtedly beautiful and desirable, but something just clicked into place when I saw this beautiful ring, nestled in the Gemstone Rings section. I knew exactly what I would wear it with and the components of my dream look quickly assembled in my head one morning on the way to work; I knew exactly what to style it with.
With one of the most beautiful dresses ever of course.
This Autumn / Winter 2014 is all about artistic, floral prints reflecting the modern art movement and breathing life into wardrobes everywhere. The beautiful violet shade of the Amethyst with Diamonds ring complements the stunning muted tones of the dress but with its unusual pear shape it is by no means dull. This is the dress that I would wear in my own personal style dreams. I love brave, bold prints and there is something quintessentially 'London' about this dress. Its languid light-weight silk fabric, tie detail and button closure at the deep V neck is juxtaposed with the sexy thigh-high split and sheer sleeves.
I love how the brilliant Alexa Chung has added her own signature cool to it, wearing this to a party in London in August 2014. Now THIS is how I would love to make an entrance to a party, swishing and swirling, feeling light as air, with a dazzling ring as the centrepiece.
This is how I would style the Lady's Fancy Pear Shape Amethyst with Diamonds Sterling Silver Ring:
From left to right
(1) Go bold and wear Sophia Webster's Simi Ankle Boots with pastel lilac binding
(2) Add a shock of midnight blue with Queen Heeled Pumps in Ink Suede by Stuart Weitzman
(3) Compliment the stunning muted tones of the dress with Lucy Choi London's Madeline leather pumps in Lilac
(5) With hints of his signature cool, choose the Safety Buckle Leather Shoulder Bag in Grey from Christopher Kane's first collection
(6) Sheepskin has enjoyed a cool resurrection this season. Be brave and add a pop of bright blue with the Fendi Be Baguette Mini Shearing Bag in Teal
(7) Alexa Chung looking sensational at Nick Grimshaw's party in August 2014.
(8) Lady's Fancy Pear Shape Amethyst with Diamonds Sterling Silver Ring from invaluable.com
(10) Makeup as seen at Kenzo Autumn / Winter 2014
(11) Cosmic textures will pair beautifully with the amethyst ring. Add your own take on metallic with Smashbox Pallette in Smokebox and (12) Max Factor Shock Effects Eyeshadow in Pink Opal to off set the black-cherry lips.
This is the sophisticated but sexy dress of my dreams with a precious, invaluable ring to accompany it.
Without fashion dreams, what is there?
Invaluable is the world's largest online auction marketplace, and everyday brings a new variety of fine and decorative arts, antiques, and jewellery pieces, giving collectors unprecedented access to the items they are most passionate about. Invaluable’s live online bidding platform allows collectors to bid in real-time on auctions held around the world.