So long, farewell 2016 - it's been emotional.
As years go, you've been a rollercoaster and I'm looking forward to having a blank canvas today, day 1 of 365, ready to paint.
Luckily, help is at hand.
My sister Michelle and her husband Craig gifted me this beautiful journal from Kikki K- A Sentence a Day - as they know I'm a sucker for gorgeous stationery. It provides a daily space to capture the little moments that make life big. Each day poses a question to answer - something to reflect on or, as cleverly suggested by Michelle, something to inspire and lead my day down a lovely new path.
So today, the 1 January 2017, is a very sensible place to start in creating my Sentence A Day for the year ahead.
What is your New Year's Resolution?
To be the best Mum to my beautiful son Evan and Wife/Daughter/Sister/Friend/Relative I can be and...
- Stop comparing myself to others and be thankful for what I have - the happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.
- Try hard to believe in me and not give myself a hard time - it is impossible to live up to what society and social media deems perfection and also exhausting. My loved one's opinions count for everything and that's it.
- Continue to give love unconditionally and see the very best in people (even if it doesn't always feel reciprocated).
- Be kind, generous and giving and when the opportunity arises also go somewhere quiet, just me, Vogue and Terry's Chocolate Orange or go for a long run and not feel guilty about it.
- Read and read and read and write and write and write.
- Try and write A Sentence A Day from now on, and not six... (Promise).